Saturday, January 07, 2006

sharing some tea


Lewis Carroll's Alice in wonderland, a personal favorite, is a literary masterpiece and as fine as they come.

The way in which he portrays such depth and complexities in a children's book is beyond description. The imagery is sensational and the dialogue is unparalleled. All of which he achieved in a manner that is so far from affected. Despite how surreal it might be, it exudes a level of sincerity and relatedness that is overwhelming.

Here is one of my favorite quotes, which undoubtedly accentuates the beauty of its unrepeated dialogue:

`I quite agree with you,' said the Duchess; `and the moral of that is--Be what you would seem to be--or if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.'
`I think I should understand that better,' Alice said very politely, `if I had it written down: but I can't quite follow it as you say it.'
`That's nothing to what I could say if I chose,' the Duchess replied, in a pleased tone.

I take pride in Carroll's work as if it were mine.

Much more to come

4 Comments:

Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

bilotee, i felt from the first post u posted, i was going to become a regular here. I was right.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous bilotee said...

Sabri, thank you for being the first to comment. I am absolutley taken away by your work. I am sure you are as proud as you should be.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous sami said...

great site, i love your title! looking forward to see more.
Sami N.

9:59 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

I will be dropping by too! :) Thanks for ur comment on my blog - if you celebrate Eid then a happy Eid to you as well! It took me a loooooong time to start getting any comments on my blog so you're way ahead of the game! Good luck to you.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home